Proteins must form an essential component of the dietary plan post-surgery as they are
the building blocks of muscles.
Dals and pulses are an excellent source of protein, especially for vegetarians. Moong
dal ranks high in the pulses category because it is lighter on the stomach compared to
This recipe of dhokla substitutes the usual besan with the yellow moong dal, which is
easy to digest. The green-chilli tempering infuses it with an irresistible flavour.
For the batter
¾ cup soaked yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
3 green chillies
Salt to taste
1½ teaspoon sugar-free
A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
1 teaspoon oil
½ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tablespoon besan (Bengal gram flour)
2 tablespoon curds (dahi)
1½ teaspoon fruit salt (e.g. Eno)
For The Tempering
1 teaspoon oil
½ teaspoon mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
½ teaspoon sesame seeds (til)
A pinch asafoetida (hing)
2 teaspoons finely chopped green chillies
For The Garnish
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander (dhania)
1 tablespoon grated coconut
1. Combine the yellow moong dal and green chillies and blend in a mixer using a
little water to make a paste of pouring consistency.
2. Transfer the paste to a bowl. Add salt, sugar, asafoetida, oil, turmeric powder,
besan and curds and mix well to make a batter.
3. Just before steaming, sprinkle fruit salt and mix lightly.
4. Pour the batter into a greased thali of 7-inch diameter.
5. Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked. Keep
6. Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
7. When the mustard seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds, asafoetida and sauté
on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
8. Add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
9. Pour the tempering over the prepared dhoklas and spread it evenly.
10. Sprinkle the coriander and coconut evenly on top
11. Cut into pieces and serve hot with green chutney.
https://www.nobesity.in/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Dhokla.jpg286500adminhttp://www.nobesity.in/new/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/hori-logo-nobesity-2.jpgadmin2019-05-08 04:58:502019-05-08 04:58:50Moong Dal Dhokla: A low fat recipe